What is Ethical Hacking?
Ethical hacking, sometimes called penetration testing, is an act of intrusion/penetration into the system or networks to discover threats, system vulnerabilities that a malicious intruder could find and exploit causing data loss, financial losses or other damages. Important The objective of ethical Hacking is to improve the security of the network or systems, correcting the vulnerabilities found during the test.
Types of Hacking
We can separate piracy into different categories according to what is being pirated. Here is a set of examples:
- Website Hacking− Hacking a website means obtaining unauthorized control over a web server and its associated software, such as databases and other interfaces.
- Network Hacking− Hacking a network means collecting information about a network using tools such as Telnet, NS Search, Ping, Tracert, Netstat, etc., with the intention of damaging the network system and hindering its operation.
- Email Hacking− This includes obtaining unauthorized access to an email account and using it without the consent of the owner.
- Ethical Hacking− Ethical piracy involves finding weaknesses in a computer or network system for testing purposes and, ultimately, solving them.
- Password Hacking,− This is the process of recovering secret passwords of data that have been stored or transmitted by a computer system.
- Computer Hacking− This is the process of theft of computer ID and password, application of hacking methods and unauthorized access to a computer system.
Become a Ethical Hacking Expert With Certification in 25Hours
What are the types of Hackers?
Hackers can be segregated according to their intent.
White Hat Hacker
It is another name for an Ethical Hacker. They hack into a framework with earlier authorization to discover vulnerabilities so they can be fixed before an individual with noxious goal discovers them.
Grey Hat Hacker
They are a mix of black hat and white hat hackers. They often hack for fun and exploit a security breach in a computer system or network without the permission or knowledge of the owner. His intention is to attract weakness to the attention of the owners and earn a little reward.
A suicide hacker is a person who works with the intention of overthrowing large corporations and infrastructures. These types of hackers do not fear the consequences of their actions since they work mainly with revenge in mind. These people are also known as hacktivists.
Advantages of Hacking
Hacking has several advantages:
- It is used to recover the loss of information, especially when the password has been lost.
- Used to perform penetration tests to increase the security of the computer and the network.
- Used to test how much security. It’s good in your network.
Disadvantages of Hacking
Hacking has several disadvantages:
- It can damage someone’s privacy
- Hacking is illegal
- The criminal can use hacking in their favor
- The operations of the hacking system.
Get Ethical Hacking With 100% Practical Training
Top Three Hacking Tools
Netsparker is an easy-to-use web application security scanner that can automatically find the injection of SQL, XSS and other vulnerabilities in your web applications and web services. It is available as a local solution and SAAS.
- Accurate and inoperable vulnerability detection with unique evidence-based scanning technology.
- A minimum configuration is required. The scanner automatically detects URL rewriting rules, custom 404 error pages
- REST API for seamless integration with SDLC, error tracking systems, etc.
- Totally scalable solution. Scan 1,000 web applications in just 24 hours..
- Scan all variants of SQL Injection, XSS and 4500+ additional vulnerabilities
- Detect more than 1200 core vulnerabilities, theme and WordPress plug-in
- Fast and scalable: scan hundreds of thousands of pages without interruption
- Integrate form a team with WAFs and Issue Trackers to help with SDLC
- Available on-site and as a solution in the cloud.
You are likely to continually search for vulnerabilities in your web applications, as it allows your clients to manage the life cycle of the vulnerability and provides some guidelines on how to fix them. It is probably a security tool created with developers in mind.
- SQL injection analysis, XSS, OWASP TOP10 and more than 5000 vulnerabilities, including 1000 WordPress and Joomla vulnerabilities
- Complete API: all Probely functions are also available through an API
- Integration with your CI, Slack, and Jira
- unlimited team members
- PDF reports to show your security
- multiple scanning profiles (ranging from secure to aggressive scanning)
- Multiple environment objectives – Production (non-intrusive scanning) and testing (intrusive and complete scanning)