What is Python?
Python is a high-level object-oriented interpreted programming language with dynamic semantics. Its high-level integrated data structures, combined with dynamic typing and dynamic linking, make it very attractive for Rapid Application Development, as well as to use it as a scripted or pasted language to connect existing components. The simple and easy-to-learn Python syntax emphasizes readability and, therefore, reduces the maintenance cost of the program. Python supports modules and packages, which encourages program modularity and code reuse. The Python interpreter and the extensive standard library are available in source or binary format at no cost to all major platforms and can be freely distributed.
Become a Python Certified Expert in 25Hours
How is Python Used?
Python is a general-purpose programming language, which is another way of saying that it can be used for almost anything. The most important thing is that it is an interpreted language, which means that the written code does not actually translate into a computer-readable format at runtime. While most programming languages perform this conversion even before the program runs.
This type of language is also called “scripting language” because it was originally designed for use in trivial projects. The concept of “scripting language” has changed considerably since its inception because Python is now used to write large applications for commercial-style rather than just threshed applications. This dependence on Python has grown even more as the Internet has gained popularity.
What can Python do?
- Python can be used together with software to create workflows
- Python can be connected to database systems. You can also read and modify files.
- Python can be used to handle large volumes of data and perform complex mathematical calculations.
- Python can be used for rapid prototyping or software development ready for production.
- Easy to learn: Python has few keywords, simple structure, and clearly defined syntax. This allows the student to choose the language quickly
- Easy to read: Python code is more clearly defined and visible to the naked eye
- A large standard library – most Python’s library is very portable and cross-platform compatible on UNIX, Windows, and Macintosh.
- Interactive mode: Python supports an interactive mode that allows interactive testing and debugging of code snippets.
- Extensible: You can add low-level modules to the Python interpreter. These modules allow programmers to add or customize their tools to make them more efficient.
- Scalable: Python provides better structure and support for large programs than the shell script.
Get Python Training with Real-Time Project
Python Programming Characteristics
- Provides advanced data types and an easier to read syntax than any other programming language
- It is a platform-independent programming language with full access to the operating system API
- Compared to other programming languages, it allows for greater flexibility in time
- Includes basic Perl and Awk text manipulation functions
- A Python module can have one or more free classes and functions
- Pythons libraries are compatible with Linux, Macintosh and Windows platforms
- To build large applications, Python can be compiled in byte code
- Supports interactive mode that allows you to interact Testing and debugging code snippets The test is quick.