What is Scala?
Scala is a modern multi-paradigm programming language that is a combination of functional and object-oriented programming. It is highly scalable and that is why it is called Scala. Scala programming is a general-purpose computer language that supports object-oriented and functional programming styles on a larger scale. Scala is a type of strong static programming language and is influenced by the Java programming language. One of the best similarities between Scala and Java is that you can encode Scala in the same way that you encode Java. You can also use many Java libraries in Scala, along with many of its third-party libraries.
Scala Frameworks or Development Tools
With this section, you will learn different frameworks or a set of development tools that can be used with Scala.
Akka – It is an open-source toolkit that simplifies the creation of concurrent and distributed applications in the JVM. Akka is good with distributed programming.
Apache Kafka – It is an open-source flow processing software from the Apache Foundation. It is written in Scala and Java. With Kafka, you can achieve high productivity and a low latency platform to manage applications in real-time. It is good for distributed processing, in general
Scala Query – It is a low-level Scala API for database access, compile-time verification, and type security. The JDBC API is powerful but detailed.
XQuery – It is a DSL for manipulating database objects from Scala. It is similar to SQL, strongly declarative in nature and nature
Algae features included in the Scala program include:
- An object-oriented object that admits many traditionally-designed patrons who inherit existing programming languages.
- It is compatible with the functional program that allows you to manage and grant permission. the fundamental level distribution program
- Scale design to run on a JVM platform that helps indirectly use the use of Java libraries and APIs with functional functions.
- The scaling program is temporarily printed, which avoids problems with dynamic writing. It is easy to implement in existing Java projects that Scala libraries can be used within Java code.
- There are no variables declared in Scala and the Scala compiler can infer the prefecture of variable types.
- Multiple features assigned to an object and a set of combined interfaces and behaviors
- Allows primer objects for anonymous class and function.
Advantage of using Scala
Here are the pros/benefits of learning from Scala:
- Scala is easy to learn for object-oriented programmers (Java developers). It is becoming a popular language in recent years.
- First-class function scale for users. It’s a very demanding language in this decade.
- It is a concise and powerful language and can grow rapidly according to a demand from users. I will want you to leave.
- Scala offers many types of duck.
- It is less clichê você é de Java.
- Lift and Play structures written in Scala are a crescent curve.
Usage of Scala
- The Scala centerpiece is making life easier and more productive for the programmer. They are realized with three main techniques: first, it fuses firmly the concepts of functional and object-oriented programming in a language, and it protects the existing information to execute in the Java virtual machine and to interoperate perfectly with Java. Secondly, reduce the standard so that programmers can focus on the logic of their problems.
- Scala offers a set of tools to write concurrently scalable applications with the greatest reliability in their correction.
- As far as parallelism, concurrency, and distributed computing are concerned, all changing states are a potential risk and the functional programming genes of Scala are a selling point for this. Scala’s design encourages users to look for more scalable functional alternatives but does not impose traditional imperative solutions. It can perform any programming tasks, from large critical mission systems to single-line commands in the scale shell.
- The use of Scala applications is less expensive to maintain and easier to deploy because Scala is a functional and oriented programming language. objects that hack the curvature of the light are reactive and help the developers write code more concisely than other options. Java libraries are easy to use in Scala and vice-versa.