Splunk is a software platform to search, analyze and view data generated by machines collected from websites, applications, sensors, devices, etc. that make up your IT and business infrastructure. If you have a machine that generates data continuously and you want to analyze the state of the machine in real-time, how will you do it? Can you do this with the help of Splunk? If you can. The image below will help you relate to how Splunk collects data.
Real-time processing is Splunk’s biggest selling point because we have seen that storage devices improve over the years, we have seen that processors become more efficient every day. Aging day, but no data movement. This technique has not improved and that is the bottleneck in most processes in organizations. If you already think that Splunk is an incredible tool, listen to me when I say that this is just the tip of the iceberg. You can be sure that the rest of this publication will keep you stuck in place if you intend to provide your company with the best solution, whether for system monitoring or data analysis.
Why you should learn Splunk?
If you are looking for a place in Big Data or IoT environments in an organization, Splunk is the perfect guide for you. Managing and analyzing data within a company is one of the most daunting tasks, and as technology changes with IoT, things become more complex every day. Therefore, a person with software knowledge like Splunk can certainly see his position in an IT company. Therefore, if you are a programmer or work in administration, you can make disastrous changes in your work by learning Splunk. Try it and see new changes on your desktop. And if your professional responsibilities are associated with the management and analysis of different data, such as IoT, Splunk is the God Father of your career.
The Scope of Splunk
IoT (Internet of things) is, without a doubt, the future of our generation and managing different types of data together is not easy. Splunk has gained immense popularity due to its easy installation and widespread applications in big data analysis. Splunk’s reach is rapidly increasing as the IT industry improves its weapons daily. Every IT company, large or small, needs to manage your machine’s data, and Splunk is undoubtedly the best in the market to do so. It doesn’t stop there, it always adds more functionality to your infrastructure, making it easier to use. With its current growth rate, the competition will be affected by its rivals soon. According to an estimate, Splunk as a company will reach the billion mark by the end of 2018 or the first quarter of 2019.
Features of Splunk
Splunk’s key features include:
- Development and testing speed
- Allows you to create real-time data applications
- Generate faster ROI
- Agile statistics and reports with real-time architecture
- Provides research, analysis and visualization capabilities to train users of all types
Advantages and Disadvantages of Using Splunk
According to a user of the central IT station, some notable qualities of Splunk are ‘its performance, scalability and, most importantly, its innovative style of data collection and presentation’. On the other hand, the same user writes that Splunk can be complex when it comes to setting up and adding new sources.
- Splunk creates analytical reports with interactive tables, charts, and tables and shares them with others, productive for users.
- Splunk is scalable and easy to implement.
- Splunk can automatically find useful information included in your data, so you may not need to identify them.
- It helps save your searches and tags that are recognized as important information so you can make your system smarter.
- It can be expensive for very large data volumes.
- Optimizing quick searches is more a philosophy than a science, which means it cannot be practically implemented. ”The panels are useful, but not as reliable as Tableau.
- The IT industry is continually trying to replace Splunk with new open-source options, which is a challenge for Splunk.